Following a significant period of expansion, we are seeking a brilliant Cloud Technical Consultant to join our team who is technically excellent, energised, and takes delight in customer success!
As a Cloud Technical Consultant, you will be an accomplished technical expert, able to work either alone, or as part of a team to engage with client stakeholders to guide strategic and tactical roadmaps for technologies and services, create great options, then deliver on your designs, with an element of support as a subject expert. You will work with cutting-edge solutions and best-in-breed technologies, ensuring they are fit, future-ready and that the organisations we work with derive maximum value from their investment in IT.
The Cloud Technical Consultant will be responsible for creating, delivering, and supporting technology to meet customer business objectives, ensuring quality, service excellence, and customer satisfaction is achieved – aligned to industry best practice, regulatory and contractual requirements.
You will support HTG to ensure there is continuous improvement to the services we provide as well as using provided training and development sandboxes to create new offerings and expertise.
Who we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and how it can be leveraged to solve customer challenges, especially in the platform virtualisation and end-user compute arena. An engaging, friendly, and knowledgeable expert with high energy who can instil confidence for our customers and deliver on agreed work in a self-driven, timely manner. They will show initiative, and work to a high standard with consideration for commercials, customer service, and stakeholder management.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Expert knowledge of enterprise-level infrastructure technology
- Good understanding of IT operations and change processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Ability to translate technical subject matter into simple terms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working in a team of specialist engineers and consultants delivering managed infrastructure services, consulting projects, and tiered support services for clients
- You will be part of a team providing operational and delivery resource for the on-premises and hosted technologies and services provided by HTG
- Collaboration with business units and stakeholders across the commercial and technical teams to support proposals and client solutions
- Act as an escalation point for client issues when required
- Triage and schedule support escalations and project work
- Participate and contribute to regular stand-ups with both commercial and technical team.
Day to day activities and responsibilities may include:
Act as a Microsoft/Citrix Subject Matter Expert
Early Client engagement and consultation, supporting sales opportunities
Technical Architecture, Design, and Implementation
Design and implementation phases for projects
Participate in project scoping and planning workshops
Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective operation of the IT infrastructure
Oversight and engagement of managed service line integration and lifecycle
Management of vendor relationships between HTG and infrastructure-related 3rd party product/service providers
Contribute to the overall strategy and management of the infrastructure team
Minimum 3 years IT Professional experience in a role that displays aptitude and ability in a relevant technology
Deep technical background with prior experience or exposure to technologies such as:
- Citrix (ADC, Virtualisation, Cloud, supporting platform services)
- Microsoft (Azure Cloud Services, Exchange, Office 365, M365 with compliance & security modules, Windows Server/desktop deployment and maintenance)
- Hardware Management (e.g. Servers, SAN’s, networking infrastructure & end-user devices
- Monitoring and Management (proactive monitoring/capacity monitoring toolsets)
Evidence of technical qualifications or certifications showing formal training and development
Experience in relationship management with customers, suppliers, and staff at all levels
Ability to develop documented long-term delivery strategy aligned to a technical roadmap for services.
Service Management and ITIL experience (Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Capacity, CMDB)
Strong documentation skills to produce and boilerplate design and delivery artefacts
Certifications in one or more of the following
- MS Azure
- Office 365 Integration and deployment
- Network Security
- Azure AD
- Azure Security
- Azure Networking
- Azure Backup
- Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
- Citrix Cloud/CVAD/Netscaler ADC
Nice to have:
Other EUC technologies such as VMware, FSLogix, Intune, SCCM, Powershell Scripting, Terraform and BI.
Enterprise Experience, TOGAF certification.
Awareness of ISO9001/27001, CyberEssentials+
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000-£52,000/annum, depending on experience and skills
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: North East England
Work remotely: Interim during COVID-19, by arrangement following
Private medical insurance
Annual pay review based on performance up to 5%
Bonus Scheme based on company and personal performance up to 10.5%
Generous training and development with early access to new technologies
Company Laptop and Mobile phone
Flexible working by agreement
Attendance to company events and international partner vendor conference events (e.g. Microsoft Ignite, VMware World, Nutanix .Next, Citrix Summit)
GCI Cycle to Work scheme
If you relish the prospect of developing your career in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies.